Château Saint Pierre
About Château Saint Pierre
Considered one of the oldest estates in the Médoc, Château Saint Pierre has well-sited vines that were first planted in 1693 and took its name from Baron de Saint-Pierre, who acquired the estate in 1767. Over the decades, the estate was fragmented after several inheritances and was only reunified in 1982 through the mammoth effort undertaken by Henri Martin. Ever keen to embrace technology, Château Saint Pierre was one of the first in the Médoc to use satellites to help with grape picking. Underrated for years, they are claiming their deserved place in the limelight with lush, full but not overly assertive wine.