Originally known as Domaine de Lagraviere, “Malartic” was added to the name of the estate in honour of Count Hippolyte de Maurès de Malartic, a navy Admiral who had served valiantly and whose family acquired the estate at the end of the 18th century. Being one of only six properties in Bordeaux to enter the 1953 Graves classification for both its red and white wines, Château Malartic-Lagraviere began its modern ascent with the arrival of the Bonnie family in 1996, who spared no effort in modernizing the estate and increasing their acreage. Working with architect Bernard Mazières, their winery was one of the first gravity-operated ones. Temperature-controlled vats were also added to allow vinification of individual plots. Right off the bat, the Bonnie family embraced sustainable farming practices, eventually earning them the Agriculture Raisonnée (Sustainable Agriculture) certification in 2008. The magnificent effort put in by the Bonnie family have culminated into the excellent wines of Château Malartic-Lagraviere that have become highly sought after today.